12.12.2017

don't lean on me



I woke up from the dream laughing. In the dream I had been singing karaoke to Bill Withers' song  Lean on Me, but inverted it (a la ego rock) to Don't Lean on Me. It went something like this:

 Don't lean on me, when you're not strong
 I won't be your friend, won't help you carry on
 It won't be long til you're gonna need somebody to lean on.
Refrain
Don't call on me brother, when you need a hand
(You always need somebody to lean on)
etc.

Cracked me up! The last time I woke up laughing from a song I'd revised in a dream was The Boxtops' The Letter:
Get me a ticket for an aeroplane. Don't have time to take a fast train.
Lonely days are gone, I'm a goin' home
My baby knit me a sweater


1 comment:

William Hill said...

Drunk one night at the 544 Club on Bourbon Street. The proprietor comped drinks because he used to get a call tipping him off to when the cops were going to check IDs in drinkeries. I paid the piano player, Hal, $30 to play Lean On Me whenever he didn't have any other requests. Requests? He never had any. A reporter, I think it was John LaPlace, paid Hal $20 to play anything else. Since Hal already had my money . . .